A high school friend shared this recipe with me that was given to her by her sister. Thank you both Jeannine Pompeo Coburn & Karen Pompeo Burke
- 1 container of ricotta cheese
- Enough flour to fill the ricotta cheese container, plus about an extra cup
- Two eggs
- Empty the ricotta into a large bowl
- In a small bowl, whisk the two eggs, then combine with the ricotta
- Fill the empty ricotta container with flour
- Gradually mix in the flour to the ricotta mixture. Towards the end, you may need to use your hands.
- Spread some flour on a clean dry surface. Taking handfuls of dough, roll the dough into snakes. Cut snakes into small bite-size pieces.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Drop the gnocchi into the water and cook for about five minutes, or until they float to the top
- Enjoy with whatever toppings you like on pasta. I prefer marinara sauce, wihle my daughter prefers butter and salt
If you are a person who just can not get enough garlic then you can also add garlic powder to the flour mixture. However, it’s best to make a simple marinade of fresh garlic Olive oil crushed tomatoes basil and a pinch of hot red pepper flakes and salt. Simple and authentic.