I found this recipe on the Today Show Blog – it’s going viral. Iove a good bagel but can’t get a good one here in south west Florida. I will give them a shot
1. Combine 1 cup of self-rising flour with 1 cup of nonfat or low-fat plain Greek yogurt in a mixing bowl.
2. Form the dough into a ball and transfer it to a flour-coated surface. Note that the dough will be very, very sticky at this stage.
3. Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces. Using a dough scraper or pizza wheel is helpful for this step. Add a little more flour to each piece and roll it into a ring with your hands. Then press the ends of the ring together to form a circle.
4. In a small dish, whisk an egg and brush the tops of the bagels with a little bit of egg. Then top each with ¾ teaspoon of chia seeds.
5. Gently transfer the bagels to a parchment or Silpat-lined baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 22-24 minutes. Remove the bagels from the oven, increase the heat to 450 degrees and bake for an additional 3 minutes, until the tops of bagels form a nice light golden color.