Looking for an easy side dish for any meal whether it be pork, beef, fish or chicken? This super easy and simple roasted vegetables is the answer. I know, I keep saying everything is easy and simple, but really that’s what it’s all about, we all lead busy lives and don’t have hours to spend in the kitchen, so let’s make good food simple!
Sometimes I will double or even triple this recipe and keep them on hand so I have them ready to heat anytime during the week. Add them to your morning omelet, your lunchtime panini, or serve with dinner. Enjoy!
- 1 large vidalia onion
- 1 large bell pepper or 4 small; I like red, yellow and orange but pick your favorite or use 1/2 of 2 different colors
- 8 oz sliced portobello mushrooms
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 TBS olive oil
- preheat oven to 450 degrees and spray an 8×8 baking dish
- cut Vidalia onion in quarters and then quarter again
- cut bell pepper into fairly good size pieces
- Toss vegetables with salt, pepper and olive oil to coat well
- Place in oven and cook for 30-40 minutes until vegetables are tender and onions are slightly caramelized.
- Serve alongside your favorite protein, add to an omelet, the suggestions are endless