After trying many different iterations, and many loaves of bread, this by far is the best recipe yet. My bread machine makes a 2 lb loaf and this turns out beautiful. Tasty right out of the machine hot with butter or cooled and sliced and used for sandwiches. This one is a winner!
- 1 Cup Warm water (110 Fahrenheit)
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (I use Himalayan pink salt)
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil (I prefer canola)
- 3 Cups of Bread Flour (if you don’t have bread flour use all purpose flour, the bread just wont be as high, you could add a little more yeast to compensate)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Using the directions for YOUR bread machine, place the ingredients in the pan and set the machine for a 2 pound loaf and to the desired color. In a matter of hours you will have a tasty loaf of bread to serve with dinner or for your kids lunches.